CLIA, What's it all about?

Group,
It's never safe to ignore Radsafe theads.  Well, the movie trivia thread
and nuclear lyrics threads are exceptions.

Just what is CLIA?  There was a recent thread about it which I ignored,
thinking it did not apply.  I have been told that a Schillings Test
falls under it.  For you non-medical types Schillings Test tests for
absorption of vitamin B-12 using Co-57 [some kits use Co-58 as well].
the patient takes a capsule of labeled B-12 and a 24 or 48 hour urine
specimen is collected and an alequot analyzed.  Used to diagnose pernicious
anemea.  We do about one test every other year.

Private replies may be made by initiating a new message to me at
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver