7 A Package Testing

Good morning,

I'm interested in finding out how facilities that have no radioactive
materials testing capabilities handle the 3 hour leak test requirement for
DOT spec packages. A friend of mine working for a company that has no
radioactive materials license will soon be receiving some generally licensed
devices that are shipped in 7 A Type A packages. They have no measurement
devices for package wipe analysis, and I don't know if they can contract
that out.

Any advice would be helpful, and I'll pass it along. Thank you in advance.

Donald P. Mercado
Radiation Safety Officer
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space
O/47-20, B/101