tritium monitors -Reply

Les,

Don't you mean that the sensitivities are typically around 1 uCi per
cubic meter (not cc)?

The Beckton Dickinson 955B has a sensitivity of about 0.2 uCi/m3 -
or 0.2 e-6 uCi/cc.  It costs around $10K.

I failed to mention that the BD Models 110/111 (portables) have two
log scales that cover 10 to 10,000 uCi/m3 and 1,000 to 1,000,000
uCi/m3.  The cost on the portable units is between $6K and $8K.

We've had very good success with the BD units.  Since we do all of
the maintenance and calibrations on site, I really cannot comment
on vendor responsiveness since we do not work with them on a
routine basis.

v/r
Michael
*************************