Subject: Re: Leukemia in Astronauts
Author:  schoenho@via.at at Mailhub
Date:    7/23/98 6:12 PM

At 16:21 23.07.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>> Nobody
>> questions the car the other thousands/millions of leukemia victims did
>> drive, but to question the amount of sex somebody had in relation to the
>> leukemia incidence is simply unacceptable and disgusting.
>>
>> All of you who made comments in this direction should be ashamed. Sandy, I
>> did not expect something like that from me.
>
>Franz, you should read my follow-up before you jump to >conclusions.
I was not making any correlation between everyday >facets of life to
leukemia. I was making the assumption to do with >the fact that a man
went up into space and contracted leukemia, is >just as foolish.
Nothing more, nothing less. ----------------------------------

Sandy,

Nobody will read a follow-up. Everybody (mass media) will take your comment
on the sex-life of an astronaut as the first order message and nobody will
bother for a clarification. Therefore you should be careful. I understood
your message - but I am sure that most others did not.....

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria