RE: Emergency dose guidance

Mike:

The guidelines are part of 10 CFR 835 (Occupational Radiation Protection) section 1302 Emergency Exposure Situations.
This is the Law that we in the DOE Complex must live to.  Hope this helps.

Vern M. Peterson
Health Physics Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory - West
Idaho Falls Idaho 83403-2528

vern.peterson@anl.gov
Phone: 208-533-7972
Fax:	208-533-7344

Dear RadSafers

I have seen guidance for doses "limits" in an emergency, written in several
DOE documents: 25 rem for lifesaving, >25 rem for lifesaving with fully
informed volunteers. I am told that similar guidance has been issued by
other US government agencies, perhaps the EPA. Can anyone tell me where
this is written?

Thank you, mike

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting meaning "stay safe") mike