RE: Emergency dose guidance

> The guidelines are part of 10 CFR 835 (Occupational Radiation Protection) section 1302
>  Emergency Exposure Situations.  This is the Law that we in the DOE Complex must live
>  to.  Hope this helps.

Vern,

While you are correct about this, the "guidelines" were never
intended to be law (hence the term, guidelines).  The proposed
amendment to 10 CFR 835 eliminates these guidelines from the rule and
places them where they should be, in guidance documents.  I believe
the amendment is expected to be made final this year.

Just FYI...

Greg

Greg Sackett
Health Physicist