Re: Leukemia in Astronauts -Reply-Other unusual radiation

<<
 I am sorry to send this to all of RadSafe but I can't tell who actually made
 the comment to ask them directly.

 What is the relevance of the NRI treatment being given to an "oriental" or
 "non-oriental" person?

 ** snip, snip**

 Having heard from about 1,500 individuals treated with NRI, I'm aware of
 another case where a [non- Oriental]  test pilot for Grummen Aircraft had
 NRI treatments and later developed and  died of nasopharyngeal cancer.

  ** snip, snip**

 Joelle Key
 TN-DRH
 jkey@mail.state.tn.us >>

The epidemiology of nasopharyngeal cancer [NP cancer] is such that it is seen
almost exclusively in Orientals for reasons that are not well understood. NP
cancer is also seen in woodworkers, especially those who have been involved
with hardwood dusts occupationally. The occurence of NP carcinoma in a non-
Oriental, or an individual not exposed to hardwood dust, and who received
nasopharyngeal radium irradiation suggests that NRI may have been a factor.

 Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
 Director - Radium Experiment Assessment Project
 19 Stuart St.
 Pawtucket, RI 02860

 Phone: (401) 727-4947   Fax: (401) 727-2032   E-mail: radproject@usa.net
             Web address: http://www.customforum.com/carsreap