Rad Defense Listserv

In a message dated 98-07-24 18:32:54 EDT, Bob Holloway wrote -

<<  How  many people do you know who have died or been injured by these common
risks as compared to radiation?

In response ------------
Until we have an assay that discriminates between radiation induced cancers
and cancers produced by other sources including spontaneous cancer unrelated
to environmental insults, you will not be able to identify cancers produced by
radiation exposure.  I have worked in the fields of smoking cessation and
alcohol abuse.  Does that mean I should not care about unnecessary radiation
exposure.  One should ask what they are doing to reduce the number of
senseless cancer deaths due to lifestyle factors?

I have had good friends suffer from the effects of both x-ray therapy and
radium therapy.  Please do not minimize the impact of the ill advised
therapies as described earlier concerning the radium procedures.  If you would
like to meet someone who suffers the effects, let me know.  It can be
arranged.

Maybe we should explore formation of a subset listserv called rad-defense for
those not interested in radiation safety.

S. Kirk