RADSAFE scheduled downtime

====RADSAFE DOWNTIME====

Last night a transformer on campus blew up, resulting in an unplanned power
outage to parts of our building.  There is a planned outage scheduled for
6-9am Central time tomorrow (Tues., June 28) so they can repair the
transformer and clean up the PCBs (PCBs... oh joy).

Therefore...
*** RADSAFE will be DOWN from approximately 8pm Central time
tonight (7/27) through approximately 9am tomorrow morning ***
(depending on how quickly they get the work done), as will our Web site
and my mail server.

I want to shut down the servers in my office tonight to prevent possible
hardware damage from power spikes and whatnot.  It's probably not such
a great idea to send mail to the listserver during the downtime. :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-owner/manager

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                     |m-woo@uiuc.edu
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign        |ofc 1.217.244.7233