Re: Vanderbilt Apology -Reply

These settlements are becoming more common place.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  The compensation is for the lack
of informed consent.  Not for radiation damage or effects.

Bernie Cohen had an excellent review of the Pu experiments and the
estimated exposures.  I believe the settlements in those cases were also
based on the lack of informed consent.  That's the impression that should
continue to be conveyed, but the then Secretary of Engery appologized
for the radiation exposure, leading the public to believe these subjects
were compensated due to radiation effects.

Matt Williamson
Indian Point Unit 3
williamson.m@nypa.gov

My opinions; not NYPA's or Gov. Pataki's