Response of Pocket dosimeters

Hi all

I am trying locate response of pocket dosimeters( Direct Reading
Dosimeters) to 60 KeV X rays. (lead charecteristic X-rays).

The x-rays originate from a superconducting linac cavity using
lead-copper technology, excited by a RF power of 10W( the present testing
power), repeated at a frequency of 150MHz, followed by 2-3 seconds delay.
I was trying to measure the resulting radiation field by a 'MINI'(Mini
Instruments UK) Gamma survey meter. The meter faithfully shows one kick
in 3 seconds(about 10microSv, after some lead and concrete shield). It
probably averages the 150MHz and read as one kick. I am not expecting it
to respond to 150MHz, but I worry it may be underestimating the actual
dose rate, in case it averages or gets saturated. So I am planning to use
those pocket dosimeters and see the integrated dose after  every hour.

It is here I would like to know the response of such a dosimeter.

Does someone have a better idea to do this job in an active(readings
should be available as and when required) manner ?

Thanks in advance to all.

Sunil Nair
Pelletron accelerator,
TIFR, Bombay.