RE: Personnel exposure records

NRC regulations state that all dosimetry records (internal, external,
skin, etc) must be kept until .."the Commission terminates each
pertinent license requiring the record." (20,2107(b).  I assume that
most Agreement States have the same provision since they cannot be less
restrictive than the NRC.

I have seen some buzz on the SAFETY listserver from upper managers who
are IH types who worry about long term litigation at facilities that
have multiple licenses.  Their worry seems to be that destroying dose
records for a particular license while other licenses are in force at
the same site could lead to very complicated legal entanglements.
However,  I have never heard of any problems of this nature.  Perhaps
someone else has.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vince Chase