RE: Bananas (K-40)

Bananas are common and eaten in vast quantities.  I think that a lot more
people  associate potassium with bananas than with nuts (allergies), beans
(terrible gas), meat (vegetarians don't eat it) and a lot of other things.

Many of my relatives where told by their MDs to eat more bananas in order to
increase their K levels rather than take some obnoxious tasting liquid
(K-lyte ???) or to eat bananas since it was a wholesome "natural" source of
K to help them not bruise as much.

Emelie Lamothe
lamothee@aecl.ca