Re: The second banana/caskets

Tom,

In this case it was the order (log scale) that I was after so

I considered 3 and 4.5 to be about the same here. I noticed

the density difference of course. Can't say anything about

because I didn't check the banana density. Thanks again for

your help and also for the casket calculation. From a legal

point, I the case with more than 4 Bq/cm2 is  probably OK because

the measuring procedure has been, as far as I understand,

approved by the Swedish Radiation Protection Institute. After

transportation of the caskets, some activity creeps out of

the material and some 2% of surface tests were about 4 Bq/cm2

and one particular sample must have been at 40 Bq/cm2 but I

think this was a very rare occasion. The routine procedure

before transportation of the caskets is to wash them until

they are below 4 Bq/cm2 (a number of tests are made for

each casket - don't know the details).

>>g/cc. ICRP51 data, and one meter distance. He came to 4.5 nSv/h
>>which essentially confirms Tom=92s previous calculation.

>My excuse for not getting the same answer is that I used a different
banana density.

Anything I write here (Radsafers forum) represents my own

ideas, not necessarily reflecting those of others.

Sincerely Yours,

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com

Stockholm, Sweden