Re: Cremation of Prostate Implant Pts -Reply -Reply

Here in Los Angeles County we have measured several retorts after
cremation of bodies having had nuc med procedures. Several were
REALLY contaminated (several million dpm). An article was published on
this in RSO Magazine, Jan-Feb '97 issue- you may want to read it. We've
not had any experience with I-125 seeds, but would welcome info from
anyone who has actually measured retorts after cremation. It is my
understanding that the NCRP report & isotope manufacturer's literature
were based on theoretical assumptions (one being that all the material
would go up the stack) that may not be correct. We need a lot more
research on this issue....

kkaufman@dhs.co.la.ca.us