Re: Radaition sign/label makers?

Hi Wayne,

We found that it's much cheaper to purchase a quality scanner, laminator and
paper to manufacture our own signs. We also utilize character software as we
manufacture Industrial Safety signs as well. Been around posting for a long
time and have basically eliminated the need to purchase "High Dollar"
preprinted signs. I was introduced to this system while working at the
Brookhaven National Labs; HP Department @ Building 801.

Kinda wish we thought about this technique a long time ago. The feature I like
about this system is we are now able to customize and communicate the proper
message through posting. It is also nice to have messages on the backside,
such as, "All Tools & Material Must be Surveyed Upon Exiting This Area." The
instuctions are permanent.

With preprinted signs, you are confined or must spend time modifying inserts
and most programs do not permit the use of hand-printed messages. Send the
right message and attain better results through this simple communicative
process. On a personal note, posting remains as one of the most important
tools contained within a radiation protection program and in many cases, your
first line of defense against inadvertent radiological non-compliance.

As you know, the perception of compliance is extremely important, at the same
time, the correct instruction and consistency of radiological posting remains
equally as important. This system will also enhance visual perception because
the signs are easy to maintain and they are not as bulky as the traditional
signs. When outdoor signs fade, retrieve the saved information, print,
laminate, punch holes and attach.

Hope this idea may help you and your organization.

Mahalo,

Ed Young
KanakaBoy@aol
516-344-4887