Re: Abbreviations

At 09:25 05.08.98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all - please help us settle a dispute... for those of us still using
>conventional units, is millirem abbreviated as mrem (small r) or
>mRem (capital R)?

We used in Austria until about 10 years ago the old units and in the course
of the Chernobyl accident I have so often read and written the "mrem", that
I know for sure that it is written with a small r. The milli-Roentgen (mR)
is written with a capital R - this may be the reason for the confusion.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department for Radiochemistry and Radioactivity of Food
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
AUSTRIA
tel.: +43-1-40491-520