RE: Re[2]: Side of a volcano

PLEASE NOTE:  ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS OF THE CONCENTRATION OF RADIOACTIVITY IN
THE MOUNT SAINT HELENS ASH WERE PUBLISHED IN SCIENCE IN THE PAPER BY SOLDAT
ET AL AND IN EARLIER WORK IN SCIENCE BY FRUCHTER ET AL.  THE MEASURED K-40
CONCENTRATIONS IN FRESH MOUNT SAINT HELEN'S ASH WERE 7.73 PICOCURIES PER
GRAM; THE MEASURED RADIUM-226 CONCENTRATION WAS 0.376 PICOCURIE PER GRAM.
THESE LEVELS WERE APPROXIMATELY THOSE OF THE SAME NUCLIDES IN THE SOIL IN
THE VICINITY OF MOUNT SAINT HELENS.  AGAIN I REFER RADSAFERS TO THE
PREVIOUSLY PUVBLISHED ARTICLES ON MOUNT SAINT HELENS, SPECIFICALLY SCIENCE
209:1116 (1980) AND 213:434 (1981).
RON KATHREN