Re: Scientist Warns of After Effects of Nuclear Testing

At 09:37 10.08.1998 -0500, you wrote:
>	Why doesn't he try to publish his ideas in a refereed scientific
>journal?
>
>Bernard L. Cohen

Because everybody involved in refereeing or publishing a scientific journal
would only laugh about this incredible nonsense, which cannot be backed by
any fact (I did  n o t  write "scientific fact"). I know enough people who
would say any nonsense, only to be quoted on TV or in the press and I have
met quite a few people from Eastern countries, who are much welcomed guests
of Western green groups as long as they tell the mass media, what these
green groups want to hear.

Moreover we learn that titles ("academician" is one of the biggest honour
as far as I know in Russia) does not necessarily mean that the person
really knows, what he says and that the person need not be an authority in
the field he pretends. (I never heard of a woman being academician,
therefore I used "he".) This is not restricted to Russia - everybody knows
several "professors" to which my description fits.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria