Radsafe night at Midyear

As I'm sure many of you are aware, the mid-year HPS meeting will be held in
Albuquerque January 24-27th 1999 (got your abstract in?).
Since I live in the area, I'd like to start something  that I hope can be an
event at all future meetings: a somewhat organized RADSAFE night out.
What I propose to do is to give directions to a (great) local restaurant
(Sadies for those who know) and arrange for enough room for those who
express interest to consume adequate quantities of food and beverages and to
enjoy themselves with others from radsafe.
I don't want to make this a complex event to set up (or attend), but have
enjoyed having "a few" at other meetings with (radsafers?) we know but may
never have met face-to-face, and figure there may be interest from others.
I may need to pay a small amount (I won't pay alot) for a room, so a
collection might be necessary, hopefully not.  You'll be on your own for
food & libation(s).  A bus is possible ($250.00 for 46 passenger) if enough
people are interested.

So.... Please let me know if you're attending the meeting and interested.
I'll keep those who respond informed of developments.
My hope is that someone locally at all meetings will do the same if this
works out.

Brian Rees
brees@lanl.gov