Re: deceased patients who had Sr-89 therapy

> Is there a consensus in the Health Physics community about guidelines to the
> funeral homes and crematories on handling deceased patients who had Sr-89
> therapy recently?

I think a more general form of this question is:

What precautions are taken with respect to deceased patients (or their
tissues)
that have received radioisotope therapy?

I, too, would welcome any responses that seem appropriate.

Andy

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP
RSO, University of Rochester
(716) 275-3781 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
akaram@safety.rochester.edu

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled  but a fire to be lighted"
 Plutarch