Dose Models -Reply

Joel,

I am not sure just what you are seeking, but I will try to answer about the NRC
practices for nuclear power plants.  For releases from normal operations, the NRC
uses the models of Regulatory Guide 1.109, Rev. 1, 1977. (Yes, there are more
modern models that could be used but the differences seem unimportant when the
annual dose criteria are 5 mrem or less.)  For accident assessments, the NRC
generally uses straight line gaussian meteorology and the Federal Guidance Report
11 and 12 dose conversion factors.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov