Re: Shipping Question

The discussion around this question has been very helpful; thanks to all
who are adding their two cents worth.

To clarify one of the points of my original question:  Ben Poff asked "why
make things so difficult..."

My original intent was to make things as easy as possible - I was trying to
determine whether I could justifiably claim that the source was NOT RAM,
therefore simplifying the situation.

I realize that shipping Limited Quantity is pretty easy, but if possible
I'd rather not ship as RAM at all.

Reasonably informed people have said in effect:

A.  No, you can't take the mass of the disc into account, therefore you
have RAM.  And,
B.  Yes, you can take the mass of the disc into account, therefore you
don't have RAM.

Most have just suggested that I cover my tail and ship Lim Qty.

So, as with most things, apparently there's room for interpretation.  It's
a matter of how well justified one feels about their reasonable assumptions.

Keith Welch
Newport News VA
welch@cebaf.gov
Ph: (757)269-7212