Nuclear medicine rooms shielding

I have here some questions regarding the shielding of hot lab in nuclear medicine, I need your help in this regard
How much the lead shielding thickness required for the regular nuclear medicine hot lab  ? Butting extra safety margin, can we used 6 mm Pb thickness or it can create another problem, In my knowledge a thickness of 3-4 mm of lead will be enough? Are there a way to calculate the required shielding exactly, what are the reference ?

With my thanks in anticipation for any  reply

Hassan
E-mail ghamha0q@aramco.com.sa
fax 99638778841
tel 96638773168