Re: Mt. St Helens doses

If you had checked the literature citation (Science 213:585) you would know
that these are 50 year dose equivalents, and are based on measured values at
the Hanford Meteorological Station, where the dust was assumed to be typical
in radioactivity concentration and particle size distribution.  I strongly
suggest that you refer to the original publication, which I think will
answer all your questions (although the answers may not be what you want
them to be).

Ron Kathren