RE: TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENTS -Reply

To the list:

As Melissa reminded me, I did not include my E-Mail address in case some of you wished to contact me privately.  Apologies to all!

As a footnote to my previous message, I found a DOE report summarizing transportation occurrence reports for fiscal 1996 (ORNL/ TM- 13386 PACKAGING- AND TRANSPORTATION- RELATED OCCURRENCE REPORTS FY- 1996 Annual Report Leonard S. Dickerson Miriam J. Welch February 1997).  This report provided the overview I needed, but was lacking in details regarding specifics of shipping modes, container types, individual accidents, etc.

Bill
William C. Borden, CHP
7703 Harbor Boulevard
Pasco, Washington 99301
Internet:		alphaone@webbworks.com
WEB Site:	http://www.webbworks.com/users/alphaone

I should have known (you can find anything on the web)!!!!

Thanks Ben and Gerald!   I went to www.dot.gov searched on "shipping container" and "accident" and hit the jackpot.  Everything I ever wanted to know (and more) about accidents and incidents.

Bill