metabolic labeling with 3H-acetic acid

  We have a student who wishes to metabolically label phospholipids in
mammalian tissue culture cells using 3H-acetic acid. While we are trying to
convince him there are easier ways to answer the question he is asking, I
thought I'd ask if anyone out there knows where ELSE those little 3H's
might wind up such that we'd have to worry about unusual safety measures a
la the S-35 type scenario.

Thanks

Naomi Esmon
Chair, Radiation Safety committee