Re: Journal/ Newsletter References

Sharyn Mathews wrote:

> NEW CALL FOR PAPERS—SPECIAL HONORARIUM OFFERED TO AUTHORS!
>
> RSA Publications is looking for a few good papers! We are the
> publishers of RSO Magazine (the only professional journal dedicated to
> the concerns of radiation safety officers) and Radiation Protection
> Management (the journal of applied health physics), and we need short,
> succinct, "real-world" articles for publication in these journals.
> Papers should be focused on issues faced by RSOs, and need not be
> lengthy. In fact, many of the posts I’ve seen in my e-mail would
> provide excellent material for articles!
>
> To encourage submittal of papers, we are offering an honorarium of
> $100 per paper for the first 50 papers accepted for publication!
>
> Papers published are subject to peer review, receive wide
> (international!) circulation, and are published—when at all
> possible—within 6 months of submittal. There is no specific format for
> submittal: we prefer to receive materials via e-mail (except for
> photographs, for which we do need good quality prints), or you can
> snail mail us. If you are not certain that your idea is suitable to
> our readership, send us a proposal, and we’ll review it and get back
> to you. We try to be author-friendly!
>
> If you are not sure about topics, or would like to view recent tables
> of contents for the journals, check out our website at
> <http://www.radpro.com> and follow the links to the RSA Publications
> section. You can also e-mail us from this site.
>
> Send proposals or articles to:
>
> Sharyn Mathews
> Managing Editor
>
> publish@radpro.com
>
> RSA Publications
> 19 Pendleton Drive, PO Box 19
> Hebron, CT 06248
>
> Sharyn Mathews
> Vice President, Publications, & Managing Editor
> RSO Magazine & Radiation Protection Management
> 19 Pendleton Drive, PO Box 19
> Hebron, CT 06248
>
> VOICE: 860/228-0824
> FAX: 860/228-4402
> e-mail: publish@radpro.com
> information can be accessed at
> http://www.ehs.uiuc.edu/~rad/radsafe.html
Hi Sharyn,
I have a paper that I would like to see published.  The work has been
done for a long time and it was up to me (one of three)to put it into
publshing form.  I have been derelect in my duty. If you call me at
413/545-5153, I'll describe the work and send you a copy of my draft
which is based on a student's masters thesis.

I have only some idea of what is needed to put this into the form
required to be published (there are lots of people here that know, but I
have been "busy or tired for a long time").  I know the student, who has
long since left, would be happy to see this finally in print (I can
contact her in Switzerland; her advisor is still here on Campus; I was
mentor/person with problem to solve).

Thanks for for your interest.

Jim Tocci
Radiation Protection Mgr.