Monitoring requirements

Williamson, Matthew wrote:

> Monitoring requirements are at 10% of the limits.  If someone is
> expected to receive 5,000 mrem SDE/500 mrem WB, you are required to
> monitor.

Not necessarily.  In the world of the Department of Energy (DOE), the limit
for requirement for monitoring is if you expect that a member of the public
(or, employees who are not trained as Radiation Workers) to get more than 50
mrem effective dose (100 mrem is the limit for these folks), or 100 mrem
effective dose for a trained Radiation Worker (5000 mrem is their legal
limit) in one year.

So the ratio does not apply.  I know it is also not the 10% figure you
mention for all state-controlled programs.

Respectfully,
Scott
--

Scott O. Schwahn, CHP