Re: Spurious TLD results

Sandy Perle wrote in part.

> I do not agree that these unexplained doses can be attributed to
> non-ionizing radiation. In all of my years, dating back to 1971, I
> have never seen a LiF, LiBO, CaF or CaSO TL element respond in
> any fashion, to non-ionizing radiation..............

I remember a situation about 12 years ago where a significant dose was said
to be recorded over a period of about a week using  TLD's attached to the
front of the picture tube of modern television receivers by some
researchers in Bombay.  I suspected that this may have been a phantom dose
generated by the change in the electrostatic or electric field when the
receiver was switched on. Has any one detected this effect with some of the
earlier TLD material.

..

M.Malaxos
Radiation Safety Services