Re: Spurious TLD results

Mike Malaxos said:

> I remember a situation about 12 years ago where a
> significant dose was said to be recorded over a period
> of about a week using  TLD's attached to
> the front of the picture tube of modern television receivers by some
> researchers in Bombay.

I am not familiar with the above situation.I wonder if this TV had an
x-ray tube and it was generating enough high voltage to produce a
dose? In past days there was a limit 0 0.5 mR/hr at the face of a
TV picture tube. Of course at this rate, there would be no
significant dose. Mike, what level dose do you recall?
------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205

ICN Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer