SJSU Rad Training Manual

I ordered and just received a copy of the radiation safety manual from San
Jose State University.  I have had only a quick glance at it thus far, but
it seems to be quite complete and to have several very nice features.  I
was most impressed with a series of information pages on various isotopes
in common use at universities.  These pages review the properties of the
isotope and its radiation(s), provide ALI and monitoring information,
target organs, bioassay methods, and so forth, all in a consistent and
concise manner.  The book seems to be complete (although not as
comprehensive as Moe's book or as rigorous as Cember's) and I have not
noted any factual errors in my brief reading.  As a general training manual
for laboratory workers, this booklet seems to be written at the appropriate
technical level and is presented very nicely.

Andy

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP
RSO, University of Rochester
(716) 275-3781 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
akaram@safety.rochester.edu

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled  but a fire to be lighted"
 Plutarch