RE: Need conversion from mrad/h to dpm/100 cm^2; beta and alpha DACs

	A conversion factor that we used very successfully in my days at
Browns Ferry was 1 mRad/hr per about 22,000 dpm.  The way this was
accomplished was taking an open window contact dose rate on the smear, and
multiplying the result by 100,000 to convert to dpm.  The beta correction
factor on each ion chamber was determined individually, but they were all in
the area of 4.5.  The answer is roughly 1.8E6 dpm/100cm2 assuming it was a
standard 100cm2 smear.

	The folks at the plant would be your best source of info on your
airborne activity questions.

	Jim Bult, RRPT
	NASA MSFC RSO