Re: Fallout blamed for thyroid cancer -Reply -Reply -Reply

Andy,

You are right, of course,  but I doubt the likelihood of obtaining useful information
from any study of the "downwinders."  Winds shift, people move, milk consumption
patterns change, etc.  Remember the 100 mR/hr fields in Scenectady/Troy from
fallout from a weapons test 2000 miles away?  We know something about the fallout
of Sr-90 and Cs-137, but we know little about the distribution of the short-lived
stuff.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov