Re: Fallout blamed for thyroid cancer

According the the SEER Report from the National Cancer Institute, the
incidence of thyroid cancer INCREASED by 21% between 1973 and 1991.
If the atom bomb tests had a noticable effect on cancer causation,
they would contribute to the 1973 value and have essentially no
impact on 1991 values.  The 21% increase suggests some
causative agent, other than radiation from fallout.  Interestingly,
white males increased 19.6%, white females increased 34.5%, black
males increased 22.7%, and black females remain pretty much
unchanged.

Does anyone know of cancer incidence and death records for the US for
dates earlier than 1973?  I'm especially interested in total cancer
and leukemia deaths for children, 0 to 15 years of age,  from the mid-
1940s to the mid-1970s.  E-mail me directly, if you please.
Thank-you in advance.
Tom
Tom Mohaupt, MS, CHP
Wright State University
Radiation Safety Officer

Voice:  (937) 775-2169
Fax:  (937) 775-3301
E-mail:  tmohaupt@wright.edu
Address:  104 Health Sciences Bldg, Wright State University
          Dayton, OH 45435