leaded glasses

Dear RADSAFERs -

I just received a phone call from one of our OR nurses inquiring about use
of leaded glasses for personnel in the OR when fluoro work is being done.
She said that this is a recent recommendation from one of the nursing
professional organizations, made because of the increasing use of
fluoroscopy in the OR.  The nurse is wondering if she and our other OR
staff should obtain these or not.  Before making any official
recommendations, I'd like to ask for your experiences, suggestions, and
thoughts.  In addition, if anyone has a copy of this recommendation (or any
others) I'd appreciate a reference.

Thanks!

Andy

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP
RSO, University of Rochester
(716) 275-3781 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
akaram@safety.rochester.edu

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled  but a fire to be lighted"
 Plutarch