Electromagnetic field question -Reply

We have also experienced this phenomenon.  In our case, it appeared to
be related to positioning the VDU monitor near service dusts which
house copper (plumbing) pipes, rather than electrical wiring.

For us, the most effective solution was to place the monitors somewhere
else, which may not be practical in all cases.   We did discuss with
Biomedical Engineers  the possibility of constructing "Faraday cages" for
the monitors, but simply moving was the easy answer.

We found the problem irritating, and I think it would be a real Occ. Health
& Safety issue for anyone working at the screen all day.

Mark Hanlon,
Radiation Safety Officer,
The New Children's Hospital,
P.O. Box 3515,
PARRAMATTA, NSW, 2124
Australia

Phone  61 2 9845 3324           FAX   61 2 9845 0831

email    markh@nch.edu.au