new 10CFR 35 and 35.1000 materials

I've been going through my recently-received copy of NuReg-1556 vol 9.
"Program-Specific Guidance about Medical Use Licenses" and am wondering if
others have thought about the following:

1. Any guess as to when the new 10CFR 35 might go into effect?

2. Will the new definition of 35.1000 type materials for "emerging
technologies" effect the manner in which the NRC approves the use of such
experimental sources/procedures for non- medical broad scope licenses? Will
these sources still have to be registered before they are routinely
available to specific licenses?

I've got a call into Region III and will let you know their response.

Douglas J. Simpkin, Ph.D.
Certified Radiation Physicist
St. Luke's Medical Center
2900 West Oklahoma Avenue