Hoods and radioactive contaminants

We're trying to prepare some "What would we do if we had to..."
scenarios. One that is giving us some grief is trying to figure out when
we would want to utilize a HEPA filtered hood and the potential impact
of doing so on system maintenance and radiological control. As you may
correctly infer, working with radioactive contaminants is not routine
for us. Our HVAC engineers turned up a standard they go by which spends
a whole page talking about radioactives lumped in with chemical hazards.
This particular standard seems to be better as a sales tool for
expensive ventilation equipment than a useful reference for designing
appropriate radiological controls.

Can anyone direct me to written guidance, standards or regulations
regarding the use, maintenance and/or control of ventilation systems,
airborne activity and processes involving either?

Thanks.

Rick Edwards, Analyst
The Boeing Company
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com