RPT Classifications

Radsafers,

I was wondering if RPTs in your institution are separately classified
from other technicians.

It seems to me that a technician who is skilled in electronics repair,
mechanical manipulation, welding, etc., while they may be very skilled,
does not have the same relative responsibilities as a radiation
protection technologist, who is bound by legal requirements and the
burden of having to be responsible for others' safety.

I seem to remember that this was the case in some places, but can't
recall where.  I would also be interested in finding out if there was
not a separate classification, but a marked higher pay.

Thanks,

Scott Schwahn, CHP
schwahn@integrityonline18.com
<mailto:schwahn@integrityonline18.com>