Re: Looking for Tracor Analytic

Date sent:      	Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:39:28 -0500 (CDT)
Send reply to:  	radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From:           	Jim Abraham <jimabe@lamar.colostate.edu>
To:             	Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:        	Looking for Tracor Analytic

> I'm looking for information regarding Tracor Analytic and if they still
> exist.  Phone number is most preferable but address would be helpful as
> well.

Tracor Analytical is alive and well. Under Tracor, their name was changed to
Tracor Instruments.  Since 1990, they have been through two or more
purchases and name changes.  First, Tremetrics, Inc.; then Tremetrics, Inc., a
Division of Thermo Instrument Controls, Inc.; then, Finnigan Corporation,
Tremetrics Chromatography Group; then, CE Instruments; and now currently:
ThermoQuest/CE Instruments, 2215 Grand Avenue Parkway, Austin, Texas
78728-3812.  A suggested contact is Dennis Orr at (512) 251-1507.

Through out all this, Carlton Lorfing has remained their Radiation Safety Officer,
and they have maintained their product line of Electron Capture Detectors,
(using the Ni-63 plated foils) and the other detectors used in their Gas
Chromatography instruments.
Clarence W. Dittman, Health Physicist
Radiation Control Program Manager
Texas Department of Health