Re[3]: News article -Reply

    diagnosed with Parkinson's Syndrome many years ago (early '80s), we
    were told that there had been studies in Canada that had linked it
    with agricultural chemicals.  We never found the studies, but then
    we never really looked.  In his case, it may well have been the
    problem, since he worked in greenhouses and flower shops for 35
    years.

    Might be something to look into.

    Doug Minnema, CHP
    DOE Defense Programs
    <Douglas.Minnema@dp.doe.gov>
________________________________

To add to Ruth's statement, we had a piece about the Tennessean
run on all of our local TV stations where they paraded a few of our
local, well-known victims.

These folks make their primary living through agriculture which, I

would hypothesize, would provide ample opportunity for significant
exposures to pesticides and herbicides.

My question is this:  Does anyone know of any epidemiological
studies that have been done on farming and ranching populations
wherein chemical exposures were investigated for causal links to
specific diseases?

We know what their rad exposures have been.... essentially
nothing.

Any info would be appreciated!
v/r
Michael