RE: Question on steam generator contamination

It can vary widely from  plant to plant and design of the generators,
but 5-30 R/hr. are not uncommon.  At Indian Point, Co-60 and Cs-137 are
major contributors.  There may be shorter-lived isotopes, depending on
when you access the channel head.  The plane of the channel head can be
500mr to 1 R/hr.  NEI or INPO may have some data accumulated.

My observations!

Mike Dampf
HP Manager
IP-2