was: Radium - new question

Charlie's response to Ron Kathren:

>Even among the more highly exposed A bomb survivors, only about ten
>percent have had leukemia.  Also, I seem to recall there was little or no excess
>leukemia among the radium dial painters.

>It is interesting.

Yes it is.  My question is, other than target organ accumulation I don't remember seeing anything else that indicated a correlation of nuclide and cancer type.   Has anyone ever looked at a potential correlation between photon energy and cancer as it relates to DNA damage?   It it feasable that some energies may be more frequently associated with certain  types of break, or break locations, simply because the folding of the molecule at that point makes it more sensetive to a particular energy?

*If* this is the case, it may explain Charlie's observation.   Anybody on Medphys know about this?

Zack Clayton
zclayton@epa.state.oh.us
Ohio EPA