Re: HP lab survey frequency

> So if you care to be a benchmark please respond. The
> intent is to see what other universities are doing nowadays but I welcome
> input from other labs as well.

I would modify this question a bit, and ask not only how often DO
you perform these survey, but how often SHOULD the survey be
performed, based on lab history, risk of contamination in the lab,
frequency of use of the materials in the lab. We all do a lot of
things, because we have been doing it that way for a long time,
and, based on regulatory perceptions. Perhaps we should all be
evaluating our programs and revise procedures and processes to
ensure that the resources required to do our work actually works
on the problems at hand, and potential problems, and not spend a
lot of time doing things that for one, do not reduce errors, do not
improve safety, and only serve the purpose of documenting a
needless activity.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
ICN Plaza
3300 Hyland Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Website:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer