RE: Tissue counting

                       One of the common methods used is freeze- drying
technique. In this method, using aetone and dry-ice mixture bath, The
sample is frozen in a closed system under vacuum and moisture containing
tritum is collected in a "finger separator"  (a long test tube attached
to the apparatus).It hs been a long time that I have done this method
but it works for both urine and tissue samples. The cocktail used is
usually "Optima Gold".I think, I still have a detailed procedure and I
will fax it to you as soon as I find it.