Re[2]: HP lab survey frequency

I agree that turnover is a problem. To try and soften this we ask each lab
to appoint a single individual as the "radiation safety lab contact." We
give this person special training (one on one) on surveys, documentation,
etc. This has worked well and newly appointed staff seem to appreciate not
being thrown into the deep end of the pool. Additionally, it has given us a
strong point of contact with each lab and the person develops a
"relationship" (I hope a good and favorable one) with the radiation safety
office. This point of responsibility (in addition to the PI) and the good
relationship has often headed off problems while they were small. That is,
they call for advice more often than they did before.

Paul Lavely
UCB
lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu