Re: Radon therapy versus questionable medical uses -Reply

I find agreement with much of what you indicated; however, you may wish to
alter your comparison:
"-- my main concern is that we are scaring the wits
out of people about radon in their homes when we can say with no
measurable confidence that radon at residential levels has any more
effect on a person's health than eating peanut butter on a regular
basis."
There may be sufficient concern due to isolated reactions to peanut butter
to ban its distribution on airlines.
I would also add that before anyone pays for home improvements to address
the "radon risk" issue, that the question of risk compared
to other potential hazards should be considered.  For example, based on
location, home improvements may be much more
cost effective in the prevention of burglary.

martin_haas@notes.ymp.gov

Michael S Ford <MFORD@pantex.com> on 10/16/98 01:35:23 PM

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu