Contaminated Circuit Breakers?

Recently we have found some circuit breakers that are radiologically
contaminated at levels above our site release requirements.   The circuit
breakers were removed from  equipment that was known not to be in a
contaminated area and an inquiry with the manufacturer indicated that
circuit breakers contained no radioactive components.   Are there any
theories on how these items became contaminated?

Pleases respond to:

Boyd M. Imai
Bechtel Nevada
imaibm@nv.doe.gov