Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:34:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Peter Collopy" <pcollopy@mjwcorp.com>
Subject: DOT 7A Certification

Dear radsafers,

A while back (several years ago and too many beers) I barely remember a
conversation concerning the certification of 7A containers/boxes. I was
told that if you build the box according to the specs contained in the
DOE shipping container book (it had all the drawings, material specs,
etc.) you did not need to test or get a certification done on the
package. I never did follow-up to see if that was true so my question to
you all is "can I simply construct a box that meets previously approved
7A design and construction specs or do I need to get the package tested
?" Please send response directly to my e-mail below to save bandwidth.

Thanks in advance for any responses other than those picking on my loss
of memory. The first five correct responses I will owe you a beer at the
next HPS conference (I need some cell loss company).

Pete C.
pcollopy@mjwcorp.com
MJW Corporation
338 Harris Hill Road